Friday, August 1, 2014

Oops, we did it again

Brittany Spears couldn't have said it any better than by, "oops I did it again".

I posted about a month ago about a stray kitten we found under our porch. She was really sick and after multiple vet visits, her little body just couldn't fight any longer. When she died we were really, REALLY, almost irrationally, sad. She was the sweetest little thing and we just fell in love.
she's the little fuzz ball in that towel on my lap
After she passed away we decided that we are NEVER taking in stray pets again. It just breaks your heart! Only healthy, taken care of pets from now on.

Ever since then we have been searching for a new kitten at animal shelters. We hadn't had any luck. No kitten seemed like the right one.

On Wednesday this week I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the carpet in our sunroom where Rylee had an accident from drinking too much river water and who knows what else while we were at the family reunion. All the sudden I hear our garage door open which means JUDSON IS HOME. It was way too early for him to be done with football camp, hmmm.. He opens the door and says, "Baaaaaabe, I found something."

I walk to the door and see him holding A PUPPY IN A BOX. This puppy was running all over the football field during their camp so Judson went and grabbed him and asked the houses around the field if it was their dog. No one claimed him so he brought him home! We started calling him Scout because he was clearly scouting the San Saba Armadillo Football Team.
No more pictures!!!
He had no collar and was covered in fleas. I washed him up and fed him, and we talked about taking him to the shelter because NO STRAY PETS FOR US ANYMORE. REMEMBER?!

And then we.. uh.. started really liking him.
And by liking him I mean LOVING him.
butt sniffing
HE'S SO LITTLE.

He's currently sleeping on my arm while I type this. To prove it, here's a webcam picture.
So…..


No comments:

Post a Comment