Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fresh paint and beginnings

We did it! We moved! 
It was a crazy, hectic, and EXHAUSTING experience. My body is still hurting from it all. We could NOT have done it without the help from our families. Judson's mom and dad helped us pack everything up from the old house and my mom and Gram helped us unpack everything at our new house. They also helped me clean and paint the new house.
Remember, I told you that our adorable house was filled with horrid wallpaper. 
My Gram is AWESOME. 
My mom is AWESOME. She set up our whole kitchen.
It was very fun. Jamming out, painting, decorating, unpacking, and getting all settled.

Then, mom and gram left. Judson started going to football workouts. So, it was up to me to keep painting.

Our breakfast table is folded up into those cabinets. ADORABLE. 

It was all fun and games for the first couple of days then took a drastic turn to delirium from paint fumes  and hatred for it all. 
Luckily, I have a husband who knew I needed fresh air so to break up the monotony we went on a walk at the San Saba River Nature Trails the other day and it was BEAUTIFUL. And it's less than a mile from my house… NEW RUNNING PATHS. I can't believe I live in a place this gorgeous.

Now, the last couple of months in Abilene were tense and stressful with finishing the school year, finding new jobs, new house, and packing. Before we went to Vegas, we hadn't been on a really good date in a while. We were just tired and blah. So tonight, Judson decided to take me on a date that was wonderful enough to make up for lost time. AND BOY, WAS IT! 

He started by driving me out to a place in San Saba called The Wedding Oak. It is a huge oak tree over 200 years old that the Indians and Settlers used to get married under. See the heart!?
When we got there he pulled flowers out of the backseat of his truck to give to me. SWOON! I really like him. 
After that he took me to the oldest suspension bridge in Texas. It was really bouncy and fun! But the sun was starting to set and it was really bright so our picture didn't turn out great. But, hey, I tried. 

Then we ate a delicious dinner at a restaurant here that I can't remember the name of but it was really good! And they had live country music playing. Yeehaw!

With full tummies he took me to this BREATHTAKING piece of land and drove me all over it on a four wheeler. We saw baby deer, streams, rivers, giant trees, and puffy flowers.

He took me to a place called Chapel Hill that overlooks the whole beauty that is our town. And after, to the little mini river walk we have. 

Lastly, to our home, to our twinkly back porch to dance with me. So dreamy his is and this night was.


Coming up soon is a picture tour of our new house! As soon as I get all theses boxes unpacked…


No comments:

Post a Comment