Thursday, June 5, 2014

So long sweet Abilene

The time has come, folks. Tonight is the second to last night in our first home.
Not only that, but it is our second to last night in Abilene. The place I've called home for the past 5 years.

It's a weird, yet exciting feeling. So for your reading pleasure I've decided to make a list of what I will most about Abilene and our first home, and what I will miss the least. Ready, set, GO!

What I will miss MOST about Abilene:
- Natural Grocers. I can't even.. I don't know what I'll do without it at my fingertips. WAAAHHH!
- Speaking of food, all my favorite places. Including, but not limited to, Rosas, Chick-fil-a, Papa Murphys, Abuelos, Little Caesars Hot and Ready, Wholey Cow…
- Beltway Park. I LOVE our church. I feel closer to God every single time I go.
- The convenience of being able to go buy new jeans or shoes or a dress if you need one
- Target
- The Lundsford trail around ACU. Only wonderful memories there, including getting proposed to
- All my running routes I've finally mastered
- The fact that this place is so familiar to me
- The distance it is from my parents. Even though I'm only adding an hour to that distance, I JUST DON'T LIKE BEING FAR.
- The sunsets
What I will miss the LEAST about Abilene:
- The wind
- The dust
- The trash EVERYWHERE on the sides of roads
- The allergies I have here
- The rude drivers on the intersection of Buffalo Gap and Industrial
- The construction that is happening everywhere
- The lack of water
- The lack of green, lush land
- How spread out everything is

Now here comes the real hard part…..
the day we got all moved in
The things I will miss MOST about our home 
- ALL the sweet memories of our first year of marriage here
- Learning how to cook in that unbelievably small kitchen, and also dancing almost every night in there with my husband 
- The fact I can vacuum our whole house using only one outlet, and that it takes a total of 10 min to make our house clean
- Our DISHWASHER. Our new house doesn't have one. I know, I'm kind of devastated. 
- The shower head in our shower
- The porch Judson BUILT me
- The tree Judson gave me a year ago and planted for me in our backyard
- The purple wildflowers that grow all over our backyard (see also, the things I won't miss about this house is how un-yard-like our yard is.)
- The brick wall around our front porch that we have spent countless hours sitting on and talking
- Our walk-in closets
- Just the comfortableness I feel in this house. I know I will feel this way eventually in the new house, but I'll miss the jive and routine that we know and function so well at here. 

The things I will miss LEAST about our home
- THAT WE DON'T FIT IN HERE ANYMORE. It's so small. Y'all… It's so small. I have to get ready every morning at our kitchen table with a vanity mirror because our tiny one bathroom can't fit the both of us. 
- The plumbing. Just everything about it and all the history we have with it. 
- How intensely the sun sets on the back of our house because there are barely any trees in this neighborhood, it heats up our house to about 5 degrees every evening and it's blinding if you walk out there. 
- The carpet. It holds in everything I'm allergic to including every strand of Rylee hair that falls. It doesn't matter how much I vacuum or how many air purifiers I have (our new house is all hardwood floors. EEEK!)
- Only having ONE bathroom. Living with a boy is just too hard in one bathroom. All married ladies said - AMEN.
- The stickers everywhere in our yards that end up in my house, in my carpet, and then in my foot
- The amount of bird poop that is on my car every single day from parking under our tree
- The garage and backyard door open into each other, this means that to enter the backyard you have to open the door into the garage, step in the garage and then CLOSE that door for the backyard door to open. It doesn't make any sense and it is incredibly frustrating. 
- The amount of salesmen that come knockin' on our door. No one likes a solicitor! 
- Lastly, the dust. Abilene just makes everything so dusty. My house is always so dusty. 

I think that's all..

All in all, I will definitely miss this place that has been my home. I am also extremely excited for this new adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment