Thursday, November 5, 2015

Dear baby

Dear baby,

I’ve known about you for a couple of months but I’ve dreamt about you for years. Your dad and I have tried to imagine you since we were engaged. What will you look like? What will your personality be? We are so overjoyed that it won’t be too much longer till these questions are answered!

I have always wanted to be a mom, ever since I was a little girl. A mom and a wife. I have been a wife for over 2 years now and I’m so thrilled I get to take on my second dream role! Not just a mom, but your mom.

I have so many emotions about the kind of mom I want to be to you. About the things I want to teach you, the things I want to protect you from, the things I want you to grow up to be. I know I’m going to make mistakes, because this is my first time to do all this. You will watch me fail and worry, but I promise that you will see the joy you are to us way more. You are our first. For a while you will be our only. Someday I’ll watch you make your own friends, I’ll watch you forge your own paths, and I’ll watch you start your own future, but you will ALWAYS be our first baby.  

Now, I could write you a book about the dad you are getting. Man, did I pick him right. You are the luckiest child in the world to have a dad like him. He will play with you even when he’s exhausted. He will do all he can to give you the best life experiences. He’s going to be an amazing example to you of what a God-seeking man is. He will make mistakes too, but when he does he will never be too proud to apologize. I can’t wait to take you to all of his games he coaches and let you see for yourself the hard-working, leader he is. He’s going to be strict with you sometimes, but I promise it’s because he wants you to have everything that’s good in this world.  He talks to you all the time already in my tummy and is praying for you constantly. You will have a role model for life in the man that your father is.

We are so excited for you, baby. We are nervous too. 

But no matter what comes our way - you are ours. And we are yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment