Saturday, September 26, 2015

In the beginning... part 3

In case you missed what's going on here, I'm telling my favorite story. The story of my Judson and I and where it all began. In case you missed part 1 and 2 you can find them here:
http://ejfosterfamily.blogspot.com/2015/09/in-beginning-part-1.html
http://ejfosterfamily.blogspot.com/2015/09/in-beginning-part-2.html

We left off with me in Germany and Judson back in Abilene, Texas. Still unclear of what we officially are except that we know we like each other a lot.

I'm gallivanting through Europe with my best friend and having a great time though! Obviously we are talking about boys and I'm filling her in on Judson. I haven't told her just how serious my feelings are for him... yet. (in one year from that moment she will be my maid of honor helping me get ready for my wedding in a couple of weeks!)
One night towards the end of our trip I remember we are sleeping in a hostile, which is like a weird, cheap, dorm-like hotel. We are laying on bunk beds and I just start crying. She asks me what's wrong, I tell her I think I love Judson and I know that's crazy because we aren't even boyfriend and girlfriend but I do, I love him. It felt SO good to say it. I just knew I couldn't say it TO HIM.

It was towards the end of July and I was headed back to Texas, exhausted and jet-lagged but excited to finally see that boy again. I came up with a plan to surprise him when I got to Abilene, he thought I wouldn't be there for a few more days. So I texted his best friend and said "You have to get Judson to go to Guitars tonight! YOU HAVE TO!" later he said "He doesn't want to go because you aren't in town but I think I can get him to"

I secretly got to Abilene and got all dolled up with my friends to go surprise him! I had so many butterflies! I also had just gotten my haircut after my trip, 7 inches cut off, that's important in a minute.

I got to Guitars and started searching all over. I couldn't see him.  I went to the bathroom and when I came out THERE HE WAS! I think... We both stood there and starred at each other because HE CUT ALL HIS HAIR OFF TOO! We could barely recognize each other with our new hair cuts! Finally he runs over and we have a long awaited hug with hundreds of people around! He tells me he doesn't want to be here at all right now so we left to our favorite place - a nighttime walk around ACU. On this walk he asks me to officially be his girlfriend and of course I say YES. I couldn't believe I had pushed this away for months now. Absence made the heart grow smarter.

The next couple of days brought giddy and constant calling each other "boyfriend" and "girlfriend". It felt so good to be his. Just 5 days later we went on a date to play putt-putt and then a walk around this lake/park by the zoo in Abilene. We were sitting and talking at the park for a long time and he kept saying "I want to tell you something so bad but I just don't know" and then "I really want to tell you something" but he just wouldn't say it! Finally after hours of talking like we always do, we were looking at each other and I just said, "I love you, too".

His reaction was priceless! His face lit up and he said "Oh my gosh! How did you know? I've loved you for so long. I've wanted to tell you for so long that I love you. And I do, Elizabeth! I love you!"

Game over. Never did I ever ever ever want to say those words to someone else. Never had I ever felt it or meant like I did now.
The next couple of months of dating was everything I could have ever dreamed that having someone pursue me would be like. And 9 months down the road on February 9th, 2013 he got down on one knee in that special place of ours. The place where we had talked for hours and hours getting to know each other, the place where he grabbed my hand and made my heart jump out of my chest, and the place where he asked me to officially be his girlfriend. On a walk around ACU, Judson asked me to be his bride.
And THAT is the story of how it all began.


My favorite story in the world. I feel so blessed to have the love that we have because the older I get the more I realize how much of a rare and precious gift it is. We have grown up together but most importantly we've grown closer through it all. We fell in love as 21 year old college kids, got married at the ripe old age of 22 still not real adults yet, and have learned how to do this thing called life together over the past 2+ years. Sometimes I could just cry when I look at him because I'm so deeply in love with the man he continues to be to me.
My best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment