Saturday, September 26, 2015

In the beginning.. part 2

In case you missed the first part of my favorite story ever you can read it here:

http://ejfosterfamily.blogspot.com/2015/09/in-beginning-part-1.html

Now we left off at Judson and I having our first kiss. I had been trying really hard to NOT fall for this guy. I feel like it's necessary that I give the world a visual of what Judson looked like back then. I'm not exaggerating when I say LONG HAIRED AND CRAZY.
but still cute.

But again, where we left off... Judson and I had been walking and talking EVERY night for almost two weeks now and that in itself has made him become one of my best friends. We just clicked. We were able to talk and talk about EVERYTHING and it just worked and it made us both happy.
Now WHY did I screen shot these kinds of things and JOURNAL THEM!? I don't know. I just don't know what's wrong with me. But I am so thankful I did because as years pass you forget little things said here or there and now I don't ever have to forget.

So we kissed. And I really liked it. I really liked him but I didn't want to. So now I was working on convincing myself that this was just going to be a really fun summer fling. I could admittedly like him because it's a summer fling! No big deal. NO BIG DEAL.
And here's the thing too I was going places this summer! Literally. I was going to Seattle to run a half marathon and then I was going to Germany for a mission trip for 3 weeks. So nothing "REAL" could come of this. We were having fun and it was fun.


The thing was is that Judson's intentions were not just to have a summer fling with me. If I was being honest at all about what my heart was telling me I would tell you mine weren't either but I just wouldn't let myself be vulnerable to all that yet. Flings don't have consequences if they don't work out (I was telling myself).


So that's how the whole month of May went, we having a lot of fun and were pretty much inseparable. Which if you know us at all you could agree that's basically still how we are now - inseparable. Then June came and my heart just kept falling more and more and more which was making me try to deny that fact more and more.
See that little heart up in the corner there? That's because on June 8th I knew I loved Judson. Not like, oh he's so cute and fun and I love ya bro kind of love. I mean I knew I LOVED him and he was it. Of course I was not going to speak those words at all to anyone! And didn't for a long time!
Then on June 14th we had our first fight.

I was about to start all my traveling and be away from basically a month from Abilene/Judson. I didn't know where we stood and that made me uneasy about leaving. I wasn't his girlfriend so he could talk to/dance with/go on walks with whoever he wanted to while I was gone but the thought of that made my stomach get in knots. Of course, being the stubborn person I am, I wanted the upper hand though. I didn't want him to know that I was insecure about leaving! So when we were hanging out my house that day I said something to him like "You're the best summer fling I've ever had so far" and the look on his face I'll never forget. I knew what I said hurt him and I immediately wanted to take it back. He just kind of blew it off and then shortly left after that. Ugh! Why do I do these things!?

I got ready for a night of dancing with my friends and he was going to Guitars too. He texted me before saying something like "Just so you know, I'm not comfortable kissing in public." KNIFE TO THE HEART. So I said "Who said I want to kiss you in public?" and then we saw each other at Guitars. It was kind of uncomfortable, we tried to just act like nothing was bothering either one of us. We were at a table of people and he said something like, "We're just friends, right Elizabeth?" and my heart sunk. That's what I wanted wasn't it!? Him saying it was the worst thing I'd ever heard. So I was so rude to him and ignored him the rest of the night. He finally pulled me aside and he showed where he had put in his notes a month ago "I know she's the one" and said "Do you think I would write that if I thought we were just friends?" I could not BELIEVE he wrote that about me! And there was no lying that he did it a month ago the date was on there! Then, in front of everyone (after he told me he's not comfortable kissing in public), he picked me up and kissed me! So we stopped fighting. :)

I went off to Seattle and ran my half marathon but we didn't talk a whole lot. Long story short I broke my foot running and Taylor, my roommate, wanted to come stay in Graham with me and then she had tickets to the Rangers game. WELL, GUESS WHO TAGGED ALONG WITH HER!? Judson! He met my parents for the first time, long hair and all, then stayed the night at my parents house! While my best friend and I are in the other room. Brave guy.
Pretty much right after that I left for my 3 weeks in Germany with a 12 hour time difference. I was again nervous about it because Judson and I still hadn't declared that we were exclusive per my request. I went to Abilene for one night before I left and he wrote me an adorable acrostic poem.
He assured me that he wasn't going anywhere while I was going to be gone and that we could pick up right where we left off when I got back. If we can't talk a lot, it's no big deal, he'll be there when I get back. Which sounds nice, but when you have met the person you love and you aren't even really his girlfriend yet and you're leaving the country - it's really hard on the heart.

I wrote him letters to open for everyday I was gone and we facebook messaged every day, he would wake up in the middle of the night to message me across the world. They almost always ended with "I like you so much".

"I hope you're still my friend then" haha meaning I HOPE WE'RE STILL TOGETHER THEN. Oh, and that song he told me to listen to at the end, is now the song playing in our wedding video preview. :) which you should go watch here:

http://candlelightfilms.com/elizabeth-judson/



Now when I got BACK from Germany is another part of the story... To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment