Sunday, February 8, 2015

running; not walking

As I've declared already, I'm running a half marathon onApril 26th. Training for something like this when your fitness base started out at basically ground zero is just as mentally challenging as it is physically. Today I did my long run for the week which was 4 miles.


During my runs I have one enemy - Walking. 

It's always there. Tempting me. It's weighing down my feet and whispering in my ear. I run past walkers and fantasize how much easier they must have it right now. As my body aches and my lungs burn, I play a mind game with myself.

"What if I just walk for a second. Just a few steps. That wouldn't be so bad, would it?"

Then a stronger voice within me says NO. Don't stop. Not for one second. Keep going. Keep pushing.  It will be worth it in the end. 

So I keep going. I keep pushing. Though sometimes it's painful and sometimes it seems like just walking would be easier, I keep pressing toward a Higher goal.

Isn't this how we all feel in life? Wouldn't it just be easier to quit sometimes? Just walk for a little bit.

Walking through this life is the temptation that Satan will always dangle in front of you.

Don't. Don't walk. Run. 

Run as fast as you can toward your goals. Run as fast as you can toward serving others. Run toward the good. Run toward change. Run toward the arms of Christ. Run for those who can't. Run for those who may never get the chance. Just run.

From day one of this training to today 


No comments:

Post a Comment