Monday, October 27, 2014

A Day In The Life

Here it is folks, a day in the life of Elizabeth Foster. A MONDAY to be exact.


5:50 - Time to WAKE UP!

5:55 - Let my children... I mean, DOGS, out to go potty and then feed them

And then, you know, COFFEE.

6:00 - That was a lot of stuff, so I bring Judson his coffee and we both sit in bed and drink it while we watch the news. I only watch the news to know what the weather will be like because I hate everything else they have to say. And yes, I do have festive pajama pants for every holiday. NO, you aren't allowed to judge me.

6:20 - We decide we better start getting ready for the day and get up out of bed

6:45 - We have our morning devotional together

7:10 - I'm ready to go to work!


 Every day I take some sort of fruit, today it's a Bolthouse smoothie, and a granola bar. I also take with me MORE COFFEE and water in a glass bottle with lemon and peppermint essential oil in it. 

7:15 - I live approximately 30 seconds from school so after I gather all my stuff and lock the dogs up, I am almost instantly there! 

Then we have a staff meeting at 7:30 every Monday

8:00 - I make sure what we are doing today is written on the board for the kids. I teach three different classes of kids for a total of 50 kids in a day. With each group I teach a period of math and a period of technology. 

8:25 - Working, working, working

10:00 - 3rd period is my 45 minute conference so I always walk down the hall and sneak a peek at Coach Foster teaching :) After I obnoxiously make him hug me in front of his students and completely interrupt his lesson, I had to run to the post office and the grocery store. 

11:00 - 12:30 I have my second group of kids teaching a math period then a technology period exactly like I did it this morning. 

12:30 - LUNCH TIME! We always go home to eat lunch because we have 45 minutes and we live 30 seconds away

We LOVE Young Living Essential Oils and always take a shot of Ningxia Red before we head back to school for an afternoon pick-me-up.

1:15 - 2:00 - I have another 45 minute conference period OR I have to go teach P.E. somedays. Usually 2 days a week I am teaching P.E. during this time. Today, I graded papers. 

2:10 - 3:45 - My last group of kids for the day teaching a math period then a technology period

3:45 - SCHOOL'S OUT! and I have a date with the copy machine for tomorrow's things


4:30 - Bell Ringers are on desks for tomorrow morning, I have a small, but necessary for sanity, venting session with my teacher friends, and then I'm ready to go home!

4:35 - I have exactly two priorities when I get home from work. 1. Let my dogs go outside. 2. Get my work clothes off and comfy clothes on IMMEDIATELY.


4:45 - 6:00 REST. Watch Modern Family. Pretend there aren't chores to be done. I used to go running during this time period… I'll get back into it…

6:00 - No longer able to deny the chores so I vacuum some rooms and do all our dishes by hand. We don't have a dishwasher. I live in a 1930's cottage. Seriously.

6:30 - Start cooking dinner

7:00 - JUDSON'S HOME FROM FOOTBALL PRACTICE!

We all REALLY miss him when he's gone

7:30 - The cowboys AND colt are playing so on this couch we will sit for the remainder of the night

I will go take a shower in about an hour and be in bed by 9:15.

And there you have it. PRETTY GLAMOROUS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment