Wednesday, December 18, 2013

these wonderful things are the things we remember all through our lives




It was Christmas morning at our house! Judson and me never want our kids to have to travel on Christmas day or wonder how Santa is going to find them so we've decided we will always spend Christmas day at our house. BUT we don't have kids, so we will be spending Christmas with our families starting tomorrow! Therefore, we had to have our Christmas with just the two of us this morning.

Now, let me back up here and say that I'm not ashamed to say that I have a slight obsession for holidays. Especially Christmas! Dare I even tell you that I CRIED when I was engaged thinking about my Christmas holiday being different than what I was used to. My parents always went above and beyond to make Christmas magical and special. It made me sad to think that my Christmases would be unpredictable, not in my comfort zone, different from tradition I'm used to, etc. Luckily, I have a husband that makes everything special and magical. We will create our own traditions that will give our kids warm, fuzzy feelings just like our parents did for us. We will mix our traditions together and our kids will have tastes here and there of what we loved most about our childhood. Our parents extreme love for us and desire for our dreams to come true will be passed down for generations. And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing.

Now enter: THE ADVENTURES OF MINI SANTA
Judson told me it was irrational to want an Elf on the Shelf because we don't have kids. So as a joke I found this small santa in a box of old decorations and used him as Elf on the Shelf.
I thought Judson would laugh, think to himself "man, my wife is awesome", and then move on. Oh no, I married someone much more fun than that. Then began our mini santa visits and what will forever be a tradition in our family.
I added green food dye to make pee
Judson added a Twix bar and made POOP. I should have known. 
Now this morning when I was first waking up, Judson said to me, "I think Santa came to see us!" :)
He got up first and started making coffee and when I came out this is what I saw

Seriously, God hand made Judson for me. 
 
I'm not really clawing his face.
I made Spicy Triangles for breakfast. I've eaten them every Christmas morning my whole life.
Then we watched Polar Express
If you aren't filled with Christmasy spirit and warm feelings now, then I don't know what will do it! It was a wonderful first Christmas as a little family. We are so blessed, so happy, and having so much fun! I'm excited for us to spend the rest of our holiday with our big families!

Also as an update on my life I graduated college last friday!
 
And then I chopped 11 inches off of my hair. How did you deal with graduating college?

That's all for now! Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment