Monday, October 28, 2013

our first ALL NIGHTER!

Maybe I should correct myself. It was our *attempted, almost* all nighter.

Ever since I started to spend most of my time around kids in a classroom, I have been constantly fighting off some sort of sickness. Multiple symptoms ale me week to week. But such is life as a rookie teacher.

I came home from school on Friday afternoon and crashed. Went to bed "for real" around 10:00 and slept until about 10:30. Woke up and made some food for my better half.

We LOVE crescent rolls. We make various meals out of them by stuffing them with different things. One of our new family favorites (isn't it fun that I can feed this to my kids someday and say 'your dad and I loved these when we were first married and poor' :-) is something we call "roast biscuits". It's crescent rolls filled with roast beef and provolone cheese that you dip in aus jú sauce. Basically it's a cheap, french dip sandwich knock off. AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME FOR COOKING SUCCESSFULLY!? baby steps. baby steps. Anyways, this morning was another one of our crescent roll faves. Half of them I sprinkled cinnamon on and rolled them around a marshmallow and violá! cinnamon rolls. The other half I filled with cream cheese and ham and POW! lunch is made. Brunch all on one pan and one low price.

As you might assume, that whole ordeal was just exhausting for my immune building self, so I went and took a 2 and a half hour nap.

Feeling much better after all my rest, I went outside to discover my handy man building a cornhole (bean bag toss) game from scratch. Sawing, hammering, and he even SEWED the bean bags himself. I helped [watched and stood on things he needed] him finish up. We played around in the backyard, this time with our new cornhole game, while he grilled, which is a weekend tradition. Listened to country music, two stepped, played fetch with rylee, sat around the fire pit and talked about our dreams, what we think our kids will look like, funny memories. A slice of heaven.

Now enter our nerdy side. When I was about 12 I had an older brother and therefore there was a playstation in our household. I spent some time playing games with him, but the only one I ever got into was Spyro. Judson has a playstation and asked me what games would be fun for me to play. I told him about my days of old school Spyro domination. So naturally, being who he is, he got it for me. It has been so fun reliving my childhood in a way playing it again! We have gotten so close to beating it and tonight was "THE NIGHT" we were going to beat it! "EVEN IF IT MEANS AN ALL NIGHTER!"

I'm working on my resume, because adulthood rests for no one.
We made popcorn, beat Spyro (insert hoots and hollers), and watched Hotel Transylvania. It was a wonderful Saturday night, but we were not able to make it an all nighter. We called it quits around 2:30 am and waking up for church the next morning was painful. But so worth it!

Now, before I forget I must show you Judson's birthday present to me. He MADE me a book and ordered it. I can't even... There are no words. 
old xmas wrapping paper, covered in electrical tape























No comments:

Post a Comment