Monday, May 12, 2014

We're goin' places!

This past weekend was Judson's graduation!!! I can't believe we are officially finished with our relationship with ACU. Don't even get me started, or I'll get really emotional about it. I've pretty much been in denial for a year now. We both have job interviews on Thursday so shoot a prayer up for us! So. Many. Applications. And. Interviews.




I am SO proud of him! I think my wifey pride was beaming all over Moody all the way up from the tippy top of section K under, what I can only assume, was a heat lamp. He has worked so hard this semester and taken more teacher certification exams than any human ever should. This boy is a rockstar.. Excuse me, this MAN - COLLEGE GRADUATE.

Also my roommate of all 4 years of college graduated! She too, is a rockstar. Here is our transformation from freshman passport. Two words - Khaki. Diaper.
This girl has been by my side through the good, bad, and ugly (see above picture for proof). I love her so.

We've also experienced every season in our first home now! Because we've been married for 9 months already!! WHAT! Time is passing so quickly but also so very wonderfully. I wish I could video tape everything so when I'm old and pooping in my own pants I could see how FULL my life was.

He also still does things like this which gives me butterflies. It is a known fact I am a very NOT CUTE sleeper due to nasal congestion. I love him.

Here is my running progress so far.

I set running goals at the beginning of last week and almost met them!
Shut up at what my fastest mile goal is. I'm telling you I'm starting from rock bottom!! I ended up only getting a 10:36 as my fastest mile and I was short of my 8 mile total. I have good excuses okay? Mostly, it's because the weather was like this every. single. day. at every single hour. And I wanted to die.
Another is because for some reason my knees are killlllllling me. I know its because I'm probably running on the smallest sliver of leg muscle ever known to woman. 


I have new goals this week and a 5K race scheduled for Saturday. Even though I am icing my knees this very second, I am optimistic about my progress because tonight I met my fastest mile goal!!
BAM!

I hope this is encouraging to someone who is trying to start from the bottom, too. I also hope that if you are in shape you aren't making too much fun of my baby goals! I'll race you someday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment