Wednesday, March 19, 2014

breaking for spring

Spring break came at a much needed time! Judson and I have been working hard and were definitely worn down. I also just want to give a big AMEN to the fact that we get a spring break for the rest of our lives as teachers!  We started by going to buffalo wild wings and had a great time just getting to relax.
 Then we woke up the next morning and started our road trip by driving to Graham!
Judson went hunting and shot a lot of hogs and then our road trip continued the next day, Sunday, to Throckmorton to celebrate Pop's birthday! Monday we headed to Dallas with my parents and brother and sister-in-law and nephews to celebrate my dad's birthday. This is day THREE in a car driving somewhere, and Judson and I started to get antsy. Hence him twirling me like a baton at a gas station stop.
We finally made it to iFly, which is a sky diving place in Dallas, and it was SO MUCH FUN.

 


Christie and I both slobbered a lot. 

We all stayed at a hotel and it was wonderful for a couple of reasons: the biggest reason was because Knox thought it was awesome and that was so fun to watch and be around. It's always happy when someone thinks ordinary things are magical things. Which is why I LOVE KIDS. Especially this one. He couldn't believe that his mom, dad and brother AND his Lovie and Popi AND his aunt "biff" (me) and uncle Judson were all next door to each other. There was an indoor pool. Riding the "alligator" (elevator) was a thrill. Judson showed him how to jump on a bed (Sorry, Koby and Christie). And another reason is because CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST means FREE FOOD. 
 

Exhausted. Disheveled. In love. 


The next day the boys all went to Bass Pro Shops and all the girls and baby Hayes went to Ikea. I think Christie and I said "I need that." or "I want this." at least 4,000 times.

Judson and I then made our last car trip back to Home Sweet Abilene. We spent the remaining days doing yard work, planting flowers, playing catch in the yard, cooking out, watching the RAIN (thank you, God!), and resting. We also both got fresh spring time hair cuts to welcome this new season! I always love it when the seasons change but spring feels especially refreshing this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment